Looking forward to your winter holiday
This page is continuously updated and expanded. Subject to changes.
Last update 13 October 2020
Quiet, clear & safe - Family region Katschberg
Winter is around the corner and we are looking forward to the skiing season! Despite this year's special situation, skiing will be possible as it is an outdoor sport.
We show you at a glance all the measures that are implemented in the Katschberg tourist region to guarantee a safe and relaxed holiday. Thank you in advance for your loyalty and we are looking forward to seeing you again in winter!
Good reasons for a holiday in Katschberg region
- So far, we have never been an “après ski area”, but rather a family and active region. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the ski huts and on sun terraces and we rely on cozy hut evenings and family offers - with the necessary distance!
- We have wide slopes and thus enough space for distance - on 70 kilometers of slopes of all levels of difficulty!
- 16 modern lifts mean short waiting times and no large crowds of people at the lifts, of which only 3 are gondolas - the chairlifts or drag lifts offer enough space for a safe lift ride!
- Online ticket purchase of ski passes - order contactless and time-independent & without waiting for the slopes! Ski schools & ski rentals can also be booked online.
- Special offers for children in the hotels, family-friendly ski schools and Katschi's children's world - this is how learning to ski is fun!
- Located on the sunny side of the main Alpine ridge, the Katschberg region offers the best of both federal states of Salzburg & Carinthia: constant weather & wonderful days of skiing with lots of natural snow due to the altitude and the most modern snow-making facilities
- Off-piste activities: fantastic winter hiking trails, cross-country skiing trails and snowshoeing, curling, ice skating, tobogganing, etc.
Measures in the ski area
- Mouth and nose protection must be worn permanently in all means of transport (ski bus, gondolas and chair lifts) as well as in the cash desk, ski depot & cable car area. There is no mask requirement on the slopes.
- Disinfection options are available in the toilet facilities and at other points in all areas of the ski resort.
- The lifts (gondolas, chair lifts) are regularly disinfected and ventilated.
- The employees of the mountain railways are given the best possible training in the Corona security measures. Please follow the instructions of the employees!
In addition to the well-known mouth and nose masks, according to the current state of knowledge, multifunctional cloths, buffs, bandanas, ski masks etc. are also possible (mouth and nose must always be completely covered!).
If a mouth and nose protection suitable for winter sports is forgotten, it is possible to purchase it cheaply at the lift ticket offices or in the sports shops.
According to the guidelines of the respective ski pool, the ski passes are refunded depending on usage.
- ! We ask for personal responsibility!
- Keep a minimum distance of 1m from people outside your own visitor group!
- A mouth and nose protection is strongly recommended!
- Avoid shaking hands or hugs!
- Please sneeze / cough in the crook of your arm or in a handkerchief!
- If possible, use contactless payments by card or invoice!
- Follow the instructions of the employees!
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds!
- If you feel unwell / symptoms of illness, please stay at home!
Measures in accommodations
All accommodations in the Katschberg tourist region are working intensively on health measures to ensure the safest possible vacation.
A hygiene and cleanliness concept as well as the implementation of the applicable federal government regulations in the individual areas of the accommodation (reception, restaurant, wellness area, etc.) have top priority.
Due to the different operational structures, we recommend contacting the accommodation you have booked if you have individual questions.
Restaurants & ski lodges
- Mandatory mouth and nose protection in closed rooms for staff and guests - except at the table
- Keep a minimum distance of one metre between you and people outside your own visitor group
- A maximum of 10 people (plus minors) are allowed per visitor group
- No consumption of food and drinks in close distance to serving points
- In closed rooms, the consumption of food and drinks is only permitted while sitting
- Self-service is permitted if the risk of infection can be minimized through special hygienic measures
- There will be no après ski. Food and drinks may not be consumed next to the serving point and only while sitting. Background music is reduced to room volume.
Closing time: State of Carinthia 1:00 a.m. and State of Salzburg 10:00 p.m.
Attached are further links with important, up-to-date information on the safest possible winter vacation in the Katschberg region.