Looking forward to your winter holiday
This page is continuously updated and expanded. Subject to changes.
Last update 27 November 2020
Quiet, clear & safe - Family region Katschberg
Winter is around the corner and we are looking forward to the skiing season! Despite this year's special situation, skiing will be possible as it is an outdoor sport.
We show you at a glance all the measures that are implemented in the Katschberg tourist region to guarantee a safe and relaxed holiday. Thank you in advance for your loyalty and we are looking forward to seeing you again in winter!
Good reasons for a holiday in Katschberg region
- So far, we have never been an “après ski area”, but rather a family and active region. There is a relaxed atmosphere in the ski huts and on sun terraces and we rely on cozy hut evenings and family offers - with the necessary distance!
- We have wide slopes and thus enough space for distance - on 70 kilometers of slopes of all levels of difficulty!
- 16 modern lifts mean short waiting times and no large crowds of people at the lifts, of which only 3 are gondolas - the chairlifts or drag lifts offer enough space for a safe lift ride!
- Online ticket purchase of ski passes - order contactless and time-independent & without waiting for the slopes! Ski schools & ski rentals can also be booked online.
- Special offers for children in the hotels, family-friendly ski schools and Katschi's children's world - this is how learning to ski is fun!
- Located on the sunny side of the main Alpine ridge, the Katschberg region offers the best of both federal states of Salzburg & Carinthia: constant weather & wonderful days of skiing with lots of natural snow due to the altitude and the most modern snow-making facilities
- Off-piste activities: fantastic winter hiking trails, cross-country skiing trails and snowshoeing, curling, ice skating, tobogganing, etc.
Covid-19 test station at Katschberg
The safety of our guests and employees is very important to us. That is why there will be a test station in the Katschberg ski area directly at Katschberghöhe in the center of the village, where employees can be tested free of charge as part of the "Safe Hospitality" test program and guests can be tested for a surcharge.
- PCR test: € 85,00 (Result guaranteed by SMS on the following day of the test), if required: stamped certificate
- angtigen test: € 29,00 (within 15 minutes you get the result, no certificate)
Registration: directly at the test station or the accomodation
Payment: Payment is contactless directly at the test station.
Safety concept for the Katschberg ski area
The Katschbergbahnen mountain railways have developed their own safety concept for the winter in order to guarantee safe skiing. The concept includes the following points:
- The side windows in all gondolas remain open. Complete ventilation is also carried out in the mountain and valley stations.
- The gondola can be fully occupied, but mouth and nose protection is of course required.
- Please note the recommendations of behavior and follow the instructions of our employees, especially those with regard to the applicable hygiene regulations.
- Please do not leave your used protective mask or handkerchiefs in the cable car cabins, but dispose of them properly in the rubbish bins.
- Please show personal responsibility and thereby protect your health and the health of those around you.
The "Katschi-Express" is a ski-"bus" from the parking place P3 to the entry of the ski area. A mouth and nose protection must be worn in the "Katschi-Express". It also is disinficated regularly.
Measures of the ski schools
Together with the Austrian Ski Instructors Association, the ski schools at Katschberg have various measures for snow sports lessons that are adhered to.
- Snow sports instructors traveling from abroad must present a SARS-COV2 test (PCR test) to the ski school owner.
- Regular SARS-COV2 tests of the snow sports instructors and those employees who are in contact with ski school guests according to the test program of the “Safe Hospitality” initiative
- Registration of all ski school guests taking into account data protection regulations
- Keep your distance: a mouth and nose protection is mandatory wherever the minimum distance cannot be maintained
- Mouth and nose protection: Mouth and nose protection is mandatory in all indoor areas. In the children's beginner area, mouth and nose protection is mandatory for parents and ski instructors.
- Disinfection: Sufficient disinfectant is available in all interior rooms, the surfaces are carefully disinfected several times a day.
- Online booking: We recommend that you book the course online in advance or, if you have any questions, to clarify in advance by telephone to prevent the accumulation of people in offices. This means that all the data required for contact tracing can already be recorded. ALL ski schools at Katschberg offer online bookings for ski courses and ski rentals.
- Cancellations: The ski schools are working with flexible cancellation conditions this year. The courses can often be canceled free of charge until shortly before arrival.
- Group size: max. 10 people per ski group
- Together with the Katschbergbahnen mountain railways, a concept or schedule is being worked out to stagger the ski courses of the individual ski schools in order to avoid large crowds of people at the lifts or restaurants during the lunch break and queues at the lifts.
- ! We ask for personal responsibility!
- Keep a minimum distance of 1m from people outside your own visitor group!
- A mouth and nose protection is strongly recommended!
- Avoid shaking hands or hugs!
- Please sneeze/cough in the crook of your arm or in a handkerchief!
- If possible, use contactless payments by card or invoice!
- Follow the instructions of the employees!
- Wash your hands several times a day with soap and water for at least 30 seconds!
- If you feel unwell/have symptoms of illness, please stay at home!
Measures in accommodations
Restaurants & ski huts
- Registration requirement: We adhere to the legal requirements of the government.
- Mandatory mouth and nose protection in closed rooms for staff and guests - except at the table
- Keep a minimum distance of one metre between you and people outside your own visitor group
- A maximum of 10 people (plus minors) are allowed per visitor group
- No consumption of food and drinks in close distance to serving points
- In closed rooms, the consumption of food and drinks is only permitted while sitting
- Self-service is permitted if the risk of infection can be minimized through special hygienic measures
- There will be no après ski. Food and drinks may not be consumed next to the serving point and only while sitting. Background music is reduced to room volume.
- Closing time: according to the respective federal state (see Carinthia or Salzburg)
Winter activities & activity program
Attached are further links with important, up-to-date information on the safest possible winter vacation in the Katschberg region.