Unique Christmas experience
With the support of the Federal, Country and European Union
Christmas as it used to be at the Katschberger Adventweg at 1.750 m
High up in the mountains, in the midst of untouched nature, a very special Advent magic awaits, far away from kitsch and commerce - the Katschberger Adventweg ...
Katschberger Adventweg 2022
The Katschberger Adventweg takes place from 25th November to 25th December 2022, every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Additionaly the Adventweg is open on 8th December 2022. Closed on Chistmas eve (24th December 2022). Musical performance form 3:00 pm.
- Purchase of an advent thermo cup with entrance and free tea refill: 20 €
- Entrance with an advent themo cup from the past years (with free tea refill) OR entrance without an advent thermo cup (without tea refill): 15 €
- Entrance fee from 12 years!
A special kind of Advent experience
High up in the mountains, in the midst of untouched nature, an Advent magic awaits you far away from kitsch and commerce - the Katschberger Adventweg! Let yourself be carried away into a Christmas like it used to be...
Hike from one hay hut to the next in a snow-covered winter landscape. Along the way, alphorn and brass players will musically get you in the mood for Christmas. Listen to the most beautiful Advent carols in the singing hut and let yourself be enchanted by contemplative stories in the hut of stories. Look into numerous bright children's eyes when the teddy bears are made with the Christmas angels. Let yourself be carried away into a magical pre-Christmas period.
The countless lanterns along the way contribute their part and create a feeling of pleasant warmth with the delicate light in the snow. The numerous tea stations along the way ensure inner warmth.
Romantic Advent hiking at Katschberg
A 2,5 km long winter hike along the Wichtelweg leads from Alpengasthof Bacher in Katschberghöhe via the Wichtelweg to the Pritzhütte - the starting point of the Adventweg. The first free tea stations await you along the Wichtelweg, as well as a Christmas labyrinth and a romantic forest of lights. You can hike the path to the Pritzhütte from Gasthof Bacher on foot or take a ride on the horse-drawn sleigh. The approximately 2 km long hike along the Katschberger Adventweg can only be walked on foot.
Warming tea stations along the Katschberger Adventweg
Free tea stations along the hiking trail provide inner warmth.
The entrance of the Katschberg Advent trail consists of the purchase of a thermo cup so that steaming tea can be poured into your own personal cup at the rustic wood-burning stoves.
The high-quality thermo cups are available at the beginning of the Katschberger Adventweg and in the souvenir & handicrafts hut as well as in the Katschberg tourist office and in the hotels at Katschberg.
To the Advent experience by the horse-drawn sleigh
A romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride along the Gontalweg is a special experience at the Katschberger Adventweg. Horse-drawn sleighs run regularly from the Alpengasthof Bacher to the Pritzhütte - the rest of the Advent path itself is only accessible on foot.
Costs: € 24,00 per adult & € 12,00 per child round trip.
A horse-drawn sleigh ride is only possible with pre-reservation.
Reservation at Horse Center Katschberg via e-Mail email@example.com or via phone +43 664 28 44 583.
Access to the Katschberger Adventweg
The way from the valley towns of St. Michael and Rennweg can easily be done by car. There are parking spaces at Katschberg at car park P3. The path from the village square of Katschberg to the starting point of the Wichtelweg with the Christmas labyrinth and the forest of lights at the Alpengasthof Bacher and the horse-drawn sleigh stops can be done either on foot or by taxi to the start of the Wichtelweg.
There is a shuttle bus driving from Katschberg village square (Katschberghöhe 30, 9863 Rennweg) to Gasthof Bacher and back again.
- Costs: 2,50 € each way: village square - Gasthof Bacher; Gasthof Bacher - village square
- Driving times: 1.00 pm to 9.00 pm
Tips for a unique Advent experience.
The Katschberger Adventweg is a real winter hike this year... This is what makes it so special. In order to make this hike a contemplative Advent experience, we would like to give some tips on the way.
- You are walking a few kilometers in the wonderfully snow-covered Gontal at over 1.750m. We therefore recommend good shoes, warm clothing and possibly a headlamp or torch.
- The complete Advent hike via the Wichtelweg and Adventweg might be too strenuous for small children or the older generation. We therefore recommend that you only bring children from the age of 5 and then take a horse-drawn sleigh ride along the Wichtelweg to the start of the Adventweg. Our exciting forest of lights and the Christmas maze can also be seen from the carriage.
- The winter hike is also very suitable for dogs. However, in consideration to other visitors and the horses, it is important to take the leash requirement seriously.