Winter paradise in the mountains
Skiing, pure nature and guaranteed snow: The Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal holiday region guarantees a great skiing and active experience in winter, because we have what everyone wants - a lot of snow!
In addition to 70 km of perfectly groomed slopes and guaranteed snow thanks to the altitude and perfect snowmaking in the Katschberg ski area, numerous activities await at Katschberghöhe and in the valley towns of Rennweg, in the Lieser-Maltatal and in Salzburg's Lungau.
The Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region offers everything your heart desires, especially for families with children. At Katschberg, numerous family-friendly ski schools and Katschi's children's world make learning to ski a great experience! There is also a lot to experience off-piste in the region:
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides in the Gontal nature reserve & winter riding on Katschberg
- Tobogganing by day and by night
- Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking & ski touring opportunities in the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region
- Ice skating & curling
- a visit to the artist town of Gmünd with various galleries and exhibitions
- Ice climbing in the Lieser-Maltaltal
Enjoy the winter to the fullest - and that already in the run-up to Christmas. The Katschberger Advent Trail is a unique experience - pure romance in the snow-covered mountains. Numerous atmospheric stations let you immerse yourself in a magical Advent world and remind you of the Christmas the way it used to be...