Mobil in Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal
Explore the region with the hiking bus, e-car and e-bike
Are you traveling without a car or would you like to leave it for a day and still remain mobile? The mobility companies in the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region take you to your desired starting point on the mountain or in the valley - simply rent an e-bike or e-car, or use the Nockberge hiking bus. There are many ways to get from A to B in the region!
Whether by car, train or plane - here you will find all the information you need to get to the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region.
E-car rental & charging possibilities
Switching to an electric car also means rethinking the planning of your holiday trip. This will definitely be more convenient if there are enough charging stations at the holiday destination or if accommodation with a charging station is available. Even with environmentally friendly arrival by public transport, there is the possibility to rent an e-car for excursions.
- Municipal Rennweg am Katschberg; (Type 2) STW emobile App
- Pension Mühlbacherhof (EnerCharge fast charging station)
- Falkensteiner Hotel Cristallo - only for hotel guests!
- Falkensteiner Hotel Funimation - only for hotel guests!
- Ferienpark Landal - only for hotel guests, external guests subject to availability on request!
- Lärchenhof - only for hotel guests!
- Hotel Das Katschberg - only for hotel guests!
- Familienhotel Hinteregger - only for hotel guests, external guests subject to availability on request!
- Nockalm street: 2 stations: Biosphärenpark center, Almgasthaus Zechneralm
- IONITY charging station, Laggen 18, 9861 Eisentratten
- Municipal Eisentratten 6, 9861 Eisentratten STW emobile App
- Prunner parking place, Ponkratzenvorstadt 5, 9853 Gmünd STW emobile App
- Municipal Trebesing, 9852 Trebesing 15 - STW emobile App
- Smiley Hotel Trebesing - only for hotel guests!
- Pirker's Bio Hotel, Brandstatt 30, 9854 Malta: Tesla, type 2
- Fast charging station, bus station next to the municipal, Malta 13 - STW emobile App
- Berghotel Malta - only for hotel guests, external guests subject to availability on request!
- Billa St. Michael im Lungau; Smatrics fast charging station
- Landhotel Stofflerwirt
Hotel Das Katschberg: E-car rental & registration in Katschberghöhe
Taxi & Shuttle / Airport Transfer
Hiking bus Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal
In the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region there is the Nockberge summer bus and the Maltatal-Kölnbreinsperre hiking bus.
11th July to 9th September 2022
The 35 km long Nockalm Road between Innerkrems in the north and Ebene Reichenau in the south is one of the most varied and beautiful alpine roads that you can experience by bus. With a gentle incline, the panoramic road meanders up and down in 52 hairpin bends and numerous curves between the "Nock'n". There are always new views, for example of the largest stone pine forest in the Eastern Alps, of the round, green peaks of the Nockberge and the extensive alpine pastures. Numerous free exhibitions can be discovered along the Nockalm Road - and hiking in the home of the prized Speik plant is just as fun as visiting the numerous alpine huts and mountain inns.
28th June to 28th September 2022
Children and parents should not miss an excursion on the Malta-Hochalm-Straße to the Kölnbreinsperre. At 200 m, the Kölnbreinsperre dam is Austria's highest dam and can even be viewed from the inside. The dam wall tour takes you down numerous stairs deep into the dam wall, where the inner workings of the dam wall are explained in detail with numerous multimedia facilities and "Climate change in the high mountains" also becomes a topic. The tours last around an hour and take place every day on the hour from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Note: Since it is quite cool inside the dam wall even in summer, warm clothing is recommended.
E-bike & bike rental
In the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region there are also a few rental shops where you can rent a suitable bike or bicycle. If mountain biking and cycling is too strenuous for you, you can rent an e-bike. With comfortable e-bikes, it is easy to climb the mountains and enjoy fantastic views.
Bus connections Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal
Linie 712: Katschberg - St.Michael - St.Margarethen - Thomatal - Schönfeld. 09th July - 11th September 2022 - SUMMER TIMETABLE
Linie 5132: Rennweg/Katschberg - Gmünd - Spittal/Drau. 2022 the whole year, except summer timetable
Linie 5132: Rennweg/Katschberg - Gmünd - Spittal/Drau. 11th July - 11th September 2022 - SUMMER TIMETABLE
Linie 5130: Pflüglhof - Malta - Gmünd - Spittal/Drau. 2022 the whole year