In summer, the natural landscape in the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region is just as diverse as the hiking & activity range. Discover the breathtaking mountain landscape of Upper Carinthia on the sunny side of the Alps on leisurely hikes or challenging summit tours... Spend an active day on holiday at one of the numerous outdoor attractions... Visit the lively artist town of Gmünd with its small galleries & exhibitions... Experience all of this on a holiday in the Katschberg Lieser-Malta Valley region.
Hiking and active holiday
Enjoy your summer or autumn holiday at Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal
Active holiday at Katschberg
Besides various hiking possibilities, numerous leisure activities are offered in summer at Katschberg. Moreover, the extensive activity program provides many activities for the whole family such as guided hiking tours, archery, asphalt curling, fishing & hiking, e-bike tours, a weekly mascot parade and much more!
Hiking holidays at Katschberg
The region offers numerous hiking possibilities with over 200 km of hiking trails with different levels of difficulties - no matter if you are a leisurely hiker, a summiteer ur a family with kids!
Family holiday at Katschberg
- Katschberg: ride on the Aineckbahn at over 2,220m or Katschi's Goldfahrt summer toboggan run
- Malta: visit the donkey park, the water play park or the Kölnbreinsperre with skywalk
- Rennweg: the nature reserve Pöllatal with the stream adventure path and the e-choo-choo train
- Gmünd: the artist's town with exhibitions, galleries and a culture and theatre program
- Katschberg: the pony meadow at the Pritzhütte & the Alpine horse centre
- theme paths, nature trails & family hiking tours
- During bad weather: indoor sports hall TheCage, Porsche car museum or Pankratium Gmünd
- and much more!
Online Tour Guide
With the online tour portal you can easily plan hiking tours, hiking trails and hiking routes in the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region from the comfort of your own home and print them out as a hiking map. Important information such as tour descriptions, elevation profiles and huts and alpine pastures along the hike are listed here. Our free hiking map of the Katschberg Lieser-Maltatal region is available in the Katschberg & Rennweg tourist offices.
Plan a hike with children, a family hike or a challenging hike now and enjoy the hours in nature on a hiking holiday in summer or autumn.
Getting married at Katschberg
Enjoy the most beautiful day of your life at Katschberg and celebrate your wedding at the Gamskogelhütte hut at 1.850 m altitude. Enjoy the fantastic mountain backdrop and say YES at a civil wedding in the registry office at the Gamskogelhütte and a church (evangelical) wedding in Mary’s chapel!