Who doesn't want it, the vacation from the picture book. More nature, more hospitality and more holiday happiness for the whole family. All of this awaits the holidaymakers in the Katschberg tourism region - which acts as connection between Carinthia and Salzburg Land and combines the best of both federal states in just one region. The Katschberg tourism region is a prime holiday location on the southside on the main Alpine ridge at the border between Carinthia and Salzburg at 1.150 and 2.220 meters above the sea level. Free breathing in the low-allergen mountain air, abundance of sun in combination with guaranteed snow characterize the region, which has established itself as a top destination for family holidays on the sunny side of the Alps.
Lounge seat in the mountains - living on the Katschberg
The holiday guest from near and far can find family-friendly accommodation directly on the Katschberghöhe in several 4-star hotels, in holiday apartments and in chalets. In the villages of Rennweg and St. Margarethen family-run private accommodations, guest houses, holiday apartments, huts and 4-star hotels offer space to relax. Many hotels have spacious wellness areas and are specially designed for families with children with childcare offers, children's facilities and children's menus.
Holiday happiness in winter - facts and figures
- The “Schischaukel” Katschberg-Aineck provides 70 daily prepared kilometers of slopes (thereof 10 km easy, 50 km medium and 10 km difficult), which are clear for everyone and can be covered in snow to 100 %.
- All together 16 lift systems transport 28.460 persons/h, the ski mountains Aineck and Tschaneck are connected through a ski bridge with conveyor system.
- The Königswiese on Katschberg is open once a week between 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. for floodlit night skiing.
- At Katschberg a big part of the hotels is located right next to the skipists. From the 6 km far away village Rennweg you get to the ski region by a free ski bus (driving time 10 min). In addition, from St. Margarethen in Salzburger Lungau, 6 km away, there is a direct slope entry in the valley into the Katschberg-Aineck ski area.
- Six ski schools offer special ski courses to kids such as ski safaris and skitours. Equipment rent is possible at the ski schools and also at the sportshops.
Holiday moments for the whole family
A family holiday in the Katschberg tourism region is an unforgettable experience. Katschi's children's world also makes a significant contribution to this. The adventure world with talking cartoon characters to drive through, mini-jet (ski lift), heat pavilions and slopes specially reserved for children make them and their parents' hearts beat faster.
So much activity calls for a little rest. Best in one of the numerous alpine huts that offer delicacies from Austrian cuisine during the day and transform into après-ski bars in the evening.
Activities off the slopes
- Cross-country skiing: an 8 km long cross-country trail leads to the Pöllatal/Rennweg with refreshment possibility at the Schoberblickhütte and further trails at the Laußnitztal with refreshment possibility at the Bonnerhütte
- 30 km of winter hiking trails, guided snow-shoe hikes, tobogganing (Tuesday and Saturday night tobogganing), family-toboggan-hike to the Gamskogelhütte (toboggan rent possible), torchlight hikes
- Several times a day horse-drawn sleigh rides, alpine horse center is also open in winter
- ice-skating at Katschberg and in Rennweg, curling at the Schoberblickhütte in Pöllatal and at the Bonnerhütte in Laußnitztal